Leeds City Medical Practice and Parkside Surgery
Infection Control Statement
We aim to keep our surgery clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff. We are proud of our Practice and endeavour to keep all sites clean and well maintained at all times.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to our Reception staff.
Our GPs and nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we delivery, and the equipment we use, are safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:-
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss issues / incidents and identify any improvements we can make to avoid any future problems
- Carry out an annual infection control self-assessment audit at each of our sites, to make sure our infection control procedures are working
- Leeds Community Healthcare’s Infection Prevention and Control Team undertake a face-2-face audit every three years
- In 2017/18, Leeds Community Healthcare’s Infection Control Team undertook a face-2-face audit of each of three sites – each site was rated overall compliant
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove infection risk
- Use disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, towels etc. and ensure that these are changed frequently to minimise risk of infection
- Make alcohol hand rub gel available throughout the building